|My Favorite Camping Meal|
Adobo is oftentimes referred to as the most popular Philippine dish. Every Filipino has his own version of this delectable meal and I, for one, has my own. My version of adobo consists of squid and pork and I cook in such a way to have it last for almost a week. With this adobo in tow, camping with friends is much more fun.
Let me share to you my Pork and Squid Adobo recipe:Ingredients :
- 1 kilo pork liempo, cut into cubes
- 1/2 kilo squid, cut in bite pieces
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaf, torn
- 1/2 tsp. crushed peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- dash of powdered black pepper
- In a saucepan, put pork, vinegar, 1 tbsp. garlic, bay leaf, soy sauce, and crushed peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the squid and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove all squid parts immediately from the pan to avoid it from being rubbery.
- Once tender, remove pork from sauce.
- In a skillet, heat oil then sauté remaining garlic and onion.
- Add pork and fry until light brown.
- Add the squid to the browned pork.
- Add oyster sauce, brown sugar, powdered black pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve or let it cool and pack in sealed container.