|Banol Beach, Coron, Palawan|
Coron is one of the towns badly hit by the recent Super Typhoon Yolanda. And if you happen to see images of the havoc of the typhoon, you will be disheartened by its aftermath. In fact, I do have doubts of featuring places recently hit by calamity because the photos I have taken depict images that was taken before the typhoon. And seeing images on the net and tv of how they look now is definitely far-cry on how it looked before.
But Coron and any other places devastated by Yolanda needs help now and in days to come. Coron thrives primarily on tourism and they need all the resources they can get from tourism industry to rebuild their lives. And if through these pictures (and any other travel-bloggers photos for that matter), we can convince you to come visit Coron again and help, then in our own little way, we can help them build their lives again.
|Approaching the Beachfront|
|Fine Cream-White Sand|
|Boulder at the Shore|
|Crystal-Clear Sea Water|
|Glistening Under the Sun|
If you want to donate, the following agencies are accepting donations in behalf of Yolanda victims:
1) DSWD at NAIA Chapel Road, Pasay City (at the back of CAAP) you may e-mail Roel Montesa - 09263469927, email@example.com or Elma Pille - firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash deposits are accepted thru DSWD Bank Acct. at Landbank of the Philippines Nos. 3122-1011-84 (current) and 3124-0055-81 (savings) Fe Catalina Ea - 09186281897. Repacking of relief goods ongoing at DSWD-NROC, Pasay City. Interested volunteers can call 8512681 to schedule.
2) World Vision, an international Christian humanitarian, development and relief organization is accepting donations for Typhoon Yolanda survivors. Donor hotline 372-7777 or visit their website
3) Operation Walang Iwanan - Gawad Kalinga
4) World Food Programme Philippines is accepting donations through their website
5) ABS-CBN Sagip Kapamilya pledge lines (02) 411-0183, 411-0182, 411-0115
6) The Philippine Red Cross provides many ways to donate. Hotline: 143 Trunkline: 5270000
7) You may also SMS donations by texting RED
AMOUNT to 2899(Globe) or 4143(Smart)