|Tibiao's Poster Falls|
Bugtong-Bato Falls is a multi-tiered falls located in Barangay Tuno in Tibiao, Antique. Going to Falls No. 1 is an easy 30 minute hike from the barangay proper where you will be refreshed with a scenery composed of rice fields, carabaos, ravines and streams.
Falls No. 1, being the lowest, has long but slim falls that empties itself out of a shallow couldron which is just about knee-deep. Big slippery boulders however can block the view of the falls from afar. To go to Falls No 2, you need to climb a steep stairs located just on the left side of the falls. Although it steep, there is a bamboo handle that can guide you up. To go to Falls No 3, you need to climb up using a rope right near the gushing waters of Falls No. 2 and you need to rapel on the same route when going down.
Just a little trivia, the Falls is called Bugtong Bato because of a huge interconnected rock located just below the falls. I have a picture of the rock below but it is hardly visible because a huge tree sits atop it. Some more photos are shown below:
|Falls No One|
|Jumpers in Falls No. Three|
|Cascading Through Falls No 1 Basin|
|Stony Path to Falls No 2|
|The Bugtong Bato Origin of Nomenclature|
|Spraying at Falls No 2|
|Trekking with Carabao|
There are various ways of getting to Tibiao, Antique but I took the following route:
1. Airfare from Manila to Ilo-ilo. (Book those Piso or Budget Fares)
2. Van transfer from Ilo-Ilo Airport to Bus Terminal in Molo (P50)
3. Busfare from Molo to Tibiao (Look for Culasi or Libertad-bound Buses) (P150 non-aircon).
4. From Tibiao Proper, hire a tricycle to the jump-off point of Brgy. Importante. P20)
5. From the Jump-off Point, hire a habal-habal/Skylab that will lead you to Brgy. Tuno where Bugtong Bato Falls is located. (P100)
For accommodations, check out Kayak-Inn and look for Edwin or Shiela Endrico at 0905-906-2380 or 0930-127-5197. Normal charges are as follows:
1. Overnight rental of cottage/bahay kubo - Php 500 (good enough for four)
2. Guide fee for Bugtong Bato Falls - Php 100
3. Environmental fee - Php 20
4. Food available upon request. Dinner is usually Php 250 per head while breakfast is Php 100.
Random photos around Tibiao in my next post.