Carabao Island is dubbed as the sister of Boracay Island. Although they are just an hour apart, the former is located in Luzon while the latter is in Visayas. Locals call the place Hambil while other refer to it as San Juan. It is a laid-back and simple community of around 12,000 people.
In this island, you will find white beaches and coves in its natural status. In a beautiful pure virgin white sand beach, Carabao Island is a place where children can play and enjoy the natural beauty of an island paradise, a place where men and women can be children again. And, most importantly Carabao Island is the ideal place for tropical dream vacations: Water sports galore, ideal for diving and learning to dive, mountain biking, tennis, golf, horse-back riding, island hopping and lots of sunshine. And as one of my commenters amply describe it - it is Boracay of the seventies.
1. You need to bring everything you need into this place, i.e. food, water, snacks, 'coz accomodation and restaurants is nowhere to be found if not scarce.
2. If you hate wavy boat rides, the best time to go there is summer.
3. The best way to roam around the place is thru motorbikes that you can rent by the hour.
4. People there does not smile a lot and there are urban legends that some of them dislike visitors so observe proper respect when you are in the place.
5. There is nothing much to do there but just nature tripping. So if you are a party-goer, better stay in Boracay instead.
This is my entry to "This is My Word" meme. To view other participants' world, please click here.