Year 2007 is a great year for me. This is the year where I became a lawyer and this is also the year where I got to travel a lot. This post is a recap of ten of my most favorite traveled places in 2007. For a more detailed texts/features on these places, feel free to click the link in my sidebar.
1. SIQUIJOR - This island has it all. Beaches (Salagdoong, San Juan), caves (Canatabon), mountains (Bandila-an), churches (San Isidro, Saint Francis), springs (Campilayan), resorts (Cocogrove) and a lot more. This is truly a mystical island and rightly so deserved my top choice for 2007. (Photo above taken in Salagdoong Beach).
2. SOUTH COTABATO - Lake Sebu in South Cotabato is definitely one of the most scenic places in the Philippines. It is home to three Lakes - Sebu, Lahit and Seloton and home also to Seven Falls. It is one of the best places to reflect and just let the sun go down. (Photo above taken in Estares Lake Resort, Lake Sebu).
3. BOHOL - Panglao Island, Baclayon Church, Loboc River, Tarsiers and of course the Chocolate Hills. A weekend is truly not enough to explore and roam this wonderful, nature-gifted place. (Photo above taken in Chocolate Hills, Carmen, Bohol).
4. ORIENTAL MINDORO - Puerto Galera is a party beach in Oriental Mindoro. Powdery white sand, mixed crowds, prestine waters and spectacular sunset make this place really wonderful. (Photo above taken in White Beach, Puerto Galera).
5. DAVAO - This place is famous for the Philippine Eagle, Mount Apo, Waling-waling and Durian. You need at least a week to explore this largest city of the Philippines. (Photo above taken in Eden Nature Park, Davao City).
6. CEBU - I have been to Mandaue City, Lapu-lapu City and Cebu City and have visited Taoist Temple, Heritage of Cebu, Fort San Pedro, Magellan's Cross and Basilica Del Santo Nino among others. (Photo above taken in Plantation Bay, Mactan Island).
7. BENGUET - Baguio is the summer capital of the Philippines and my most visited place in 2007 because of work. The cool breeze of this City is like no other and tourists spots like Burnham Park, Mines View, Wright Park and others will captivate you. Of course their Panagbenga Flower Festival is forthcoming so see you all there. (Photo above taken somewhere in Kisad Road, Baguio City).
8. NEGROS ORIENTAL - Dumaguete City and Bais City is the place to be in Negros Oriental. Dumaguete City is known as the City of Gentle People and famous for Silliman University, Rizal Boulevard and Dumaguete Cathedral and Belfry. Bais City on the other hand is famous for whale and dolphin-watching. (Photo above taken in Sand Bar, Bais City).
9. CAVITE - This place is famous for its rich history. Resorts and waterparks also abound. Ang of course, Tagaytay is just a few minutes drive. (Photo above taken in Kawit, Cavite).
10. PAMPANGA - Because of it's proximity to where I live, Pampanga made it to my list. Old churches, duty-free shopping, Mount Arayat and the new Nayong Pilipino make this a worthy place to visit. (Photo above taken Arayat, Pampanga).
So, these are my top 10 travels of 2007 and I am elated to share them with you. Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and may 2008 bring us more blessings, more friends and safe journeys.