And speaking of traveling, let me recount 10 of the most enjoyable travels I had so far.
1. ANILAO - this tropical paradise in Batangas tops my list of the favorite places I have been to so far. Although known as a diving destination, I immensely enjoyed the place doing snorkling, island hopping, swimming and of course, fun water games with the family. I particularly like the boat ride to Sombrero Island and that small trek heading to an awesome white beach.
2. SINGAPORE - this is the first time I have been out of the country so I will definitely remember Singapore. Together with a couple of friends, we explored Sentosa Island into exhaustion and visited other places to like the Wax Museum and the Night Safari.
3. BAGUIO CITY - Growing-up, I though there were only three places. Manila, where I grew-up, the Province, which is Nueva Ecija where my relatives are, and the Mountain, which is Baguio where the family go for vacation. I love this City so much that I consider this already as my second home.
4. ISABELA - Another mountainous path leading to a quaint civilization. I remember going here with my lolo and just enjoy the amazing road-side view. And of course, I remember that oh so yummy tupig so well.
5. TAGAYTAY - Because of its proximity to Manila, Tagaytay is my respite place whenever I got burnt-out at work. I will just rode a bus and in barely two hours, I will be in in one of the coolest place in the Philippines.
6. JOHOR BAHRU - this place in Malaysia is just few minutes bus ride from Singapore. I remember visiting mosques and immersing ourselves with Malaysian Muslim culture. Funny that I have been here first before going to any Muslim community in Mindanao.
7. BALOY - This is the cheaper substitute to White Rock. I love this place because it is barely 3 hours away from where I live. I have been to this place twice and a nice place if you crave for the beach.
8. CORREGIDOR - Although the boat ride was bumpy to say the least and the shore was littered with garbage debris coming from Manila, Corregidor is a place still worth visiting. Remnants of war abound in the area and if you like ghost-hunting, well, this is the place for you.
9. MANILA - Chaotic and charming at the same time, this capital is definitely not for the faint-hearted. Just like the song, I always find myself going back to Manila. Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila.
10. NUEVA ECIJA - Of course, every journey begins and ends at home. Known for its endless rice fields, this province will forever be my comfort place.
Note: All photos were taken from the internet. Hopefully, in the coming years, I could present these travels with photos I have personally taken. Thanks to the owners hereof.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE and ALL THE BEST this year!!!